Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

Meet Ralph

Tuesday, March 12, 2013


Whenever my nieces stay with my parents for an extended period of time, they typically ask 'Nana! When can we feed the baby calves?' I got to catch them in action the other day after 'Ralph' got out of her pen. Yes, her.

Ralph really likes my niece and will follow her all around the yard. The only way she can get her back to her hutch (housing for a newborn to 8 week calf) is by leading her with a bottle full of milk. Not only is my niece learning how to be around animals, but she's learning the responsibility of properly taking care of them.

We are fortunate to have the opportunity to raise our daughter on the farm, but to also have the chance to teach our nieces and nephew about the values that are only taught in a farm setting.

Have you visited a farm lately?

1 comments:

Kerry said...

Yes I'm so thankful also that my kiddos live on the farm for the simple fact that they learn responsibility very early!! Have a great day!!

March 12, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Post a Comment