Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

The [not so] Perfect Life

Wednesday, March 13, 2013


It's funny how much pressure we put on ourselves to be perfect. What's perfect anyways? 

This is me, with my daughter as she's being fed while I'm working, eating lunch and surrounded by dirty kleenex, while dishes are all over the counter, laundry is spread across the living room floor and toys. are. everywhere. Is this perfect? In my world, yes. Am I nuts? Yes. Are you? Probably.

As a human being, it's a constant struggle to be the 'perfect' mother, wife, friend, employee, blogger, cook, farmer, sister, etc. But I'm trying, and that's all I can do. I often times beat myself up for what seems like failures, but the truth is - I'm not alone. We're all trying and we shouldn't be so hard on ourselves. Take joys in the struggles and challenges that life gives you. If it doesn't work out the way you had hoped - for instance, breaking down icicles to avoid them falling on your husband's car when he leaves for the day, only to lose the broom (oops) - just announce that it's perfect. 

Because it was meant to be.

perfect.
Tell me one perfect thing you've done today. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment