Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

Something Sweet

Thursday, January 10, 2013


Ever stare into your freezer at that huge bucket of ice cream or bag of chocolate chip cookies from your grandma (yes, they're better frozen) - just because you REALLY need that something sweet? Well, if you don't - you're lucky. I do it all the time. Sometimes I have both, a chocolate chip cookie with ice cream on top. As my momma always says - 'you can only gain so much weight in one day'. She's far from being at all overweight, so I'll take her advice.

I have a new suggestion that you just might learn to love. 

My younger sister and I have had the chance to hang out more often than normal now that she's on winter break. I was complaining about this big bag of grapes that I had in the fridge. Mostly because they were starting to go bad and I hadn't eaten one yet. I always have good intentions when grocery shopping, but if they're just a little too soft - I won't eat them. They have to be juicy and crispy. Back to my sister. She was telling me how good frozen grapes taste. It's her favorite snack - and for a college student, that's pretty good. So I tossed the bag in the freezer and forgot about them for about a month.


Don't mind my husband's bottle of Jag in the back. 

I was in search of ideas for supper last night and decided to eat one of those frozen treasures. I don't usually get all crazy about minor things like this, but yum. I'm not sure that I'll ever eat fresh grapes again. They're sweet, crispy (frozen) and guilt-free. 

So if you have a bag of grapes in your fridge right now - toss it in the freezer. Let's just say it's a move towards healthy (sweet) snacking.


0 comments:

Post a Comment