Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

PomCranberry Sauce

Tuesday, November 16, 2010


I've seen a lot of cranberry sauce recipes that utilize pomegranate sauce lately.  I don't know if you've checked the price of pomegranate juice at the grocery store lately, but it ain't cheap.  I decided to put my own little twist on this cranberry sauce and I think you'll like it. I don't have any turkey on hand tonight, so I topped off my vanilla ice cream with the cranberries. I'm guessing it would be really good on a bagel or English muffin with some cream cheese... ok, I'm officially excited for breakfast tomorrow.

PomCranberry Sauce

Ingredients
1 bag fresh cranberries
3/4 cup granulated sugar
16 oz Blueberry Pomegranate juice (or any other combo pomegranate juice)
1/2 of an orange rind, grated

Directions
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and turn the heat to medium-low.  Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture becomes thick and almost syrupy.  Take off the heat and cool in the refrigerator.

*Feel free to experiment with different fruit additives or citrus flavors. They really add some character to the sauce.


This is recipe #2 of a week-long Cranberry series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment