Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

Cranberry in the Raw

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

So I'm sitting at lunch today talking about all of the cranberries I have to eat this week - and a co-worker of mine mentions a new recipe she saw on t.v. last night.  "You don't have to cook the berries!" she claimed. I didn't believe it. How could you make something with cranberries and not cook them?  To the best of my memory, this is how:

Cranberry in the Raw


Ingredients

1/2 bag fresh cranberries
1 small orange, cut into chunks, seeds removed
1/2 cup granulated sugar

Directions

In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Pulse until ingredients are broken down into small pieces. Ta da!

I know - tough right? It's actually pretty good. I'm not sure what to do with it yet, so if you have any suggestions - I'm all ears, or eyes?  It tastes very citrus-y from the orange with that tang, from the cranberries. The rind of the orange is key, don't peel your orange!
Recipe in PDF

1 comments:

Nikki said...

Mmm! My family has served this as a side on Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember. I really love it and I start making it as soon as I see cranberries at the store. Honestly, I just eat it by the spoonful and I think that's perfectly acceptable (and delicious!)

:)

November 17, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Post a Comment