Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

A Quick Friday Night Fix

Saturday, May 8, 2010



I've been slacking in posting food up here lately. I apologize and promise to get better. I've actually had some time to do some menu planning this week, so I have the next two to three weeks all planned out already. I'm hoping this will help with our grocery bill. It's really not all that bad, but I end up throwing a lot of food away. We think we're going to use something and then find it in the back of the fridge two weeks later. It's really quite depressing.  Any tips for taking care of these situations?!

On Friday night, I made "Izzy's Baptismal Pasta Salad" - provided by my sister. I also made an HBLT panini. That's ham, bacon, lettuce and tomato - if you were confused. I decided to add some pineapple to the dish too, since it was leftover from the day before.

Izzy's Baptismal Pasta Salad
1-2 bags of your favorite tortellini, prepared per packaged instructions and cooled)
Onion
Cherry tomatoes, halved
Banana peppers (I used orange, it's all I had)
Capers
Cheese, cubed (I used Thistle Hill's Tarentaise)
Fresh parsley
Olive oil
White wine vinegar
Oregano

Mix all together - and YUMMO! (My sister wrote that part)


0 comments:

Post a Comment