Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

Peaches and Cream Pancakes

Tuesday, July 16, 2013


I have this newly renewed love for pancakes. I've always really enjoyed them, but now that my daughter loves them - it's that much more enticing to make golden stacks of delicious pancakes.

I cheated though... I used the store-brand version of Bisquick. My Vermont slow-food friends would gasp. But guess what? I'm learning why moms need quick, easy to make foods for their kids. They'd gasp again when they find out that I didn't top them with pure Vermont maple syrup. I think I've just run out of my supply since we've moved from there over two years ago (hint to my Vermont friends).

Instead, I decided to continue using up my bushel of peaches that I bought last week. They're ripe and the aroma in my fridge is quite awesome. As soon as I dropped some of the peaches and cream on my daughters pancake, she completely devoured it all. No joke. And... I may have eaten a 3-stack after taking these pictures. Let's just say that I ate a late lunch.

Peaches and Cream Topping

Tops 2-3 pancake stacks
1 peach, peeled and diced
1 T. sugar
1/4 c. water
4 T. mascarpone

Combine the diced peach, sugar and water in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Let cook for about 5-10 minutes or until water is nearly dissolved.

Take off heat and add mascarpone. Stir until fully incorporated.

Top pancakes and eat while still warm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment