Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

If You Can't Beat It, Join It

Thursday, April 18, 2013



If you're living in the Midwest, you might know what my title is all about. Snow. It won't go away. It's cold, it's muddy, it's wet and snowy. We're confused. But I just heard a report yesterday that the record latest 'defrost' in the Twin Cities was May 9th one year. I can't remember the year - and it might have been the 8th, but that's not the point. The point is... I'm not complaining. I would absolutely LOVE to get outside and start planting the garden and go for walks without three layers on - but I'll get to. Eventually. That whole 'asking for patience' thing? I don't ask anymore, because God is giving me too many opportunities to practice.

Long story short, I decided to keep making foods that are warm and comforting. Might as well hold on as long as we can, right? While continuing my Grilled Cheese Month celebrating, I added some soup. I see people doing this all the time and couldn't resist trying it myself. I mean, why wouldn't I? Grilled cheese croutons? Uh, yes. Don't mind that their pictures all look much more professional, etc. I won't take it personally.

So I made my favorite homemade tomato soup (and will be eating it for the next two weeks, unless I freeze some - it makes a lot) and added some basic grilled cheese croutons. It's easy, it's pretty and it's so dang good. See how the croutons are soaking up the soup in the picture above? Mmhmm. Make some.

2 comments:

Janet said...

We always have grilled cheese sandwiches with our tomato soup, but I never thought to make them into croutons. Aren't you clever...

April 18, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Unknown said...

It's one extra step, but it's worth it. The soaked up croutons are so good!

April 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Post a Comment