Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

Bread Even You Can Make

Tuesday, March 5, 2013


Who wants fresh baked bread for breakfast in the morning?! I found this bread recipe on Pinterest and was talking it up to my mom yesterday. She's like 'yeah, that's the bread I made for you last week'. Der. I was even the one that emailed her the recipe. I may or may not read all of the recipes I forward to her. I think she's figured that out now. I'm more of a picture person. If it looks good, I'll figure out how to make it.

I will not claim that this is my own recipe, though it's so freaken easy, you won't even need a recipe the second or third time you make it. There are a million different flavors you could make with it too. My next try will be cinnamon/raisin. I can't wait. Seriously - know how much you hate kneading dough? You don't have to do that to this bread. Know how you hate waiting for it to rise? Well, you still have to wait, but you can let it sit overnight and not think about it. I'm all about the 'letting it sit overnight' strategy. 

Below is the recipe and here is where I got it from. Be sure to check out where I got it from, because she goes into details and also includes many flavor options.

Crusty Bread

3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon yeast
1 1/2 cups water

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and yeast. Add water and mix until a shaggy mixture forms. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 12 - 18 hours. Overnight works great. Heat oven to 450 degrees. When the oven has reached 450 degrees place a cast iron pot with a lid in the oven and heat the pot for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, pour dough onto a heavily floured surface and shape into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let set while the pot is heating. Remove hot pot from the oven and drop in the dough. Cover and return to oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the lid and bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove bread from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment