Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

Uncommon Potpie

Friday, February 22, 2013


It's Friday. It's FRIDAY! ... calming down. I had full intentions of making blue cheese burgers today, but then realized that it's Friday. It's FRIDAY! So what? It's Lent. 

The bad part is that I can't eat meat. The good part is that I have a chance to get creative with some recipes. I had printed this recipe a while back. Mostly because I love cooking with my cast iron pan. It's a potpie full of comforting roasted vegetables and a thick, savory gravy. I wasn't a huge fan of using rutabaga or radishes, so I decided to do some swapping. Anyone else like sweet potatoes? Mushrooms? I thought so. What's that purple stuff? Cabbage. It's delightful. You might think 'that picture looks like mush. Gross.' It's good mush. I promise.


Have one sheet of puff pastry in the freezer? Perfect. Top a potpie with it - or a cobbler or french onion soup. It's endless. Really.


I can't get enough of this.  


You're envisioning yourself pulling that crispy piece off and eating it right? I know. 
I did right after taking the picture.


The final slice. Who's hungry?

For the full recipe, click here. My version simply ignores the rutabaga and radishes. Include the mushrooms and sweet potatoes with the other vegetables during roasting. Toss in some cubed up potatoes too or any other root vegetable that you like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment