Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

You're My Zucchini Pie

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My co-worker gave me two giant zucchini a few weeks ago. One of them is 4 1/2 pounds. Literally. After making dinner tonight, I still have one left, so expect a few more zucchini recipes out of me in the next few weeks.

Another co-worker, Debbie, gave me a recipe for Zucchini Pie. I've altered it a little, but it's pretty good. I'm always a little hesitant with zucchini; working on the daring part.

You're My Zucchini Pie

1 cup pancake mix
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese - I used Grafton Classic Reserve
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
3 cups thinly sliced unpeeled zucchini

Grease a 9x9 baking dish and spread the zucchini slices out evenly on the bottom of the dish. Mix all other ingredients together, except some of the cheese - you'll want to add that to the top.






Spread the mix over the top of the zucchini and sprinkle the leftover cheese over the top. Place in a 350* oven for about 40 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment