Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

Apple Hand Pies

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ever wonder what to do with that extra pie crust after trimming the edges off? My mom usually sprinkles it in sugar and cinnamon and bakes it for a few minutes, but I decided to try something out. I used the pierogi mold that I had gotten for my sister for her birthday (she gave it back for me to use... is that a sign?) and made some apple hand-pies. The crust recipe I used can be found here. It uses cheddar cheese. So good. The rest is easy. Just cut up some apples into small pieces, add some sugar, cinnamon, ginger, whatever you want - toss it in the dough and pierogi mold - and you have yourself an apple hand-pie. Bake it in the oven at 350* for about 15 minutes, but keep a close eye on them. Serve with some homemade whipped cream or a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment