Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

Zucchini Muffins

Monday, August 16, 2010

This recipe came from one of my best friend Lydia's momma.  The recipe was enough for two loaves of bread, but I only have one bread pan - so I decided to make muffins. The best part about them? They take a quarter of the time.  Short on time? Yeah, me too.

Jenna, this one's for you -

Donna's Zucchini Bread (or muffins)

3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup sugar
1 c. cooking oil
2 c. shredded zucchini
3 c. flour
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon

Directions:

Sift together flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Then mix in all other ingredients by the order listed.

Bake in 2 greased and floured bread pans (or 1 bread pan and 1 muffin pan, or 2 muffin pans) for one hour at 350*F.

But wait - there's more!

Did you read the 1 cup oil part and kind of cringe? Yeah, me too. What happens if you shred too much zucchini? What else can you do with it? Make more muffins!  I made a second batch substituting a cup of apple sauce for the oil and adding 1 mushed banana. They turned out really scrumptious and my co-workers were happy that I made the second batch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment