Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

Stuffed Manicotti

Monday, August 16, 2010


I'm starting to get better at using what I have in the pantry for dinner - instead of eating junk until I go grocery shopping.  I typically enjoy rummaging through to see what crazy things I can come up with - though manicotti was pretty typical when I was growing up. I love it. Mostly because it's stuffed with ricotta cheese.

I mostly followed the directions on the back of the box, but made a few alterations.

Ingredients
15oz ricotta cheese
3 eggs
1 box thawed and drained spinach
1 box manicotti pasta, cooked
1 jar spaghetti sauce of choice
1 chicken breast, cubed and cooked with 1 clove garlic

Mix ricotta, eggs, chicken and spinach in one bowl, season with salt & pepper.  Pour half of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.  Stuff manicotti with filling and place in baking pan. After you're done with all of the manicotti, pour the remaining pasta sauce over the top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover pan with foil.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350*F. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes. Enjoy with a large cold glass of milk!

0 comments:

Post a Comment