Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

A New Kind of Pesto?

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Last night I made something that caused my husband to say "This is something I've never had in my entire life." He continues... "Honey, if you were to make this once a week for dinner - I wouldn't complain a bit." Oh really? Awesome, because it was a piece of cake. Thank you Serious Eats for tweeting about awesome recipes - it makes my life so much easier.

The thing I love about simple recipes is that I can easily change up something - and it still turns out great (or sometimes better).  I only changed two things in this recipe - well, mostly just one, because I didn't have it.  I used broken up lasagna noodles for the pasta (atlas! a use for broken lasagna noodles!) and I didn't have any pine nuts - though, I wish I did. We argued about the real name for pine nuts. My co-worker says she's just going to call them pignoli because she's Italian, and that's the Italian name for them. I kind of like the Latin name... it makes me chuckle at least - Pinus pinea. 


But you know what, this blog post isn't about pine nuts.

This blog post actually revolves around sweet corn. Glorious sweet corn. I didn't have any. I had 1 full can of it and a smaller can of Mexicorn (so good in scrambled eggs).  It has peppers and everything all mixed in. So that's what I added instead of fresh. awesome. sweet corn. tear.

The recipe is simple and serves at least four people... more like five. It's got a little bit of sweet, but a lot of savory from the bacon and cheese.

Pasta with Bacon and Corn 'Pesto'
click the title for the full recipe

Ingredients
4 slices thick bacon
4 cups fresh corn kernels
1 large garlic clove
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup+ grated Parmesan
1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 pound taglietelle, fettucini, or other pasta

Want the instructions? Click here.

1 comments:

Alisa said...

Yum!This looks so delicious.I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and I like what you have here.if you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

August 24, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Post a Comment