Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

Contestant #2 Grilled Salmon

Thursday, April 1, 2010

This dish isn't fancy or anything, but it's my personal favorite!

When I had gall stones I had to eat a low fat diet.  I buy a whole filet of salmon from a wholesaler food store (like Costco or Sam’s club here in the cities, not sure what you have for options out there in Vermont).  Because Jon doesn’t like seafood or fish I have to eat the thing myself.  So I cut it up into single portions, put them in baggies and throw them in the freezer.  When ever I want some I thaw the salmon portion.  It takes a couple seconds for the salmon to thaw, plus I’m not great at planning supper until I get home form work.

Grilled Salmon


Ingredients

-One salmon portion
-A lemon (for one serving; about 2-3 slices)
-Fresh dill
-Broccoli
-Pepper jack cheese

Directions

I like to grill my salmon (but you could broil or steam it), so I take a sheet of tin foil and make a little “trench” so the lemon juice doesn’t get everywhere.  I grate the peel off the lemon and put it on the salmon.  Then I squeeze the lemon and put it in the “bowl”, pulp and all.  Sprinkle on the dill, make sure the fish is covered so it doesn’t dry out and throw it on the grill for 15-20 minutes, depending on how many servings you’re making.  Make sure it’s cooked all the way through.  You can pair just about anything with the pretty pink color, but I like to steam a bowl of broccoli while the fish is cooking and sprinkle a handful of pepper jack cheese on the top to make it yummy.  Potatoes are good with this, too. It’s super easy, super tasty, and super good for you!!

Entered by Beth

0 comments:

Post a Comment