Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

Cheesy Mushroom Grilled Cheese

Tuesday, April 9, 2013


National Grilled Cheese month continues. Are you as excited as I am? I keep finding all of these mushroom grilled cheese sandwiches on Pinterest, but never read the actual recipe. I created this one on a whim the other day and made my house smell sort of like a diner. Thank goodness for exhaust fans.

The sauce is similar to how you would start making homemade gravy - if you ever do that. It's butter, flour and cream, salt and pepper and in this case, with a bunch of cheese added in. This is how I start my mac 'n cheese sauces too. I added in a couple slices of muenster cheese and some shredded Parmesan. Set aside.

I then sauteed some mushrooms in butter and finished it with a little red wine. Yeah, I took a sip of the wine. Add the mushrooms to the white sauce, spread over some good bread and fry it up like any good grilled cheese sandwich. It's warm, it's hearty and it's gooey. You're welcome?


0 comments:

Post a Comment