Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

Walking in Heels

Tuesday, January 17, 2012


You might be asking yourself a few questions while looking at the photo above. Quite frankly, this was my view of Milwaukee on New Year's Eve. Stunning right? While snow was severely lacking for the holidays of 2011, it was very welcome at about 2:00am during my high-heeled walk home from the bar with my husband (about that resolution to stay active...). I'm just going to throw that out there. Another bonus was the t-shirt my husband caught from the band during our night out - that kept me even more warm on our walk.

I'm off on a tangent. No one cares - they just want to hear about the food. Right? Of the six New Year's Eve attendees, I volunteered to help with the menu planning. We decided to stay in for dinner and head out for drinks. This is how it looked:

Mini Appetizers: http://bit.ly/rMK9NZ (I've chosen a selection of these, not necessarily all of them)
Roasted Potatoes
Lobster/Scallops (whatever Josh and Casey choose)

Grasshoppers with molasses cookies for dessert

We ended up skipping the roasted potatoes and had seafood Alfredo as the main dish. We also ditched the Grasshoppers (unfortunately), because we were all too full. I must say though, the  recipe for the mini appetizers is pretty great. It's not really a recipe - more so instructions. My favorite was the kalamata olive, banana pepper and cured salami bite. The caprese bite was also a big hit. I made about 30 bites for six people and we only had two leftover.



For the soup, use more cheese. The cheese melts beautifully into the soup - I just wanted more. Surprised? 


This photo of my husband and I was taken as we got to the Horny Goat Hideaway, pre two-mile walk. I should have gotten a picture of us after the walk. You're right. I'm glad we didn't.


Cheers to a fabulous 2012 full of food, happiness, good health and lots of friends. My resolution of getting through all of my food magazines is still coming along. I think I'm about halfway done. The next goal will be to cook/bake those recipes! How are you coming along with your food resolutions?

0 comments:

Post a Comment