Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

Strawberry Mascarpone Pie

Tuesday, July 19, 2011


Now that I work with fresh mozzarella and mascarpone every day, I'm always looking for new recipes to try. Mascarpone is one of those versatile dairy products that you wonder what you did without in the past. I found this great blog from a fellow Minnesotan blogger (who comes up with some awesome menu planning from farmers market visits - by the way). After I read the post, I drove to the grocery store and bought some fresh strawberries. Actually, I went across the road from the grocery store where the poor guy beats the heat with his awesome produce/berries.

I was home alone for the night, but really wanted to make this pie. I'm on this kick with making pies in a cast iron pan - and fortunately have three different sized pans. I halved the recipe and baked the pie crust in a medium-sized pan. The rest of the recipe is easy - no baking involved - just patience for the filling to firm up before devouring.

The pie is delicious and you must try it!  Just a warning though, try to use a shallow cast iron pan - the crust won't stay up on the sides if you use a deep pan. We learned that today at work, unfortunately.

For the recipe, click here.

Looking for mascarpone? Look for Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese at locations near you! -sorry, I had to put a plug in. I'm in marketing!



0 comments:

Post a Comment