Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

Leftovers: Tacos

Friday, February 18, 2011


Let's face it - we all have leftovers at some point in our weekly food schedule. This is when I typically shine. I mean - I'm not trying to brag or anything, but when I have a bunch of foods that are already somewhat prepared and/or cooked - and all I have to do is figure out what to do with it, I get excited.  For this episode (I feel like I'm hosting a show for some reason), I made avocado and barbecue chicken tacos.  The day prior, I had made a crockpot full of chicken breasts and slow cooked them for about 6 hours. I had chicken pre-cooked for the rest of the week! I then added some barbecue sauce (I really like Budweiser's bbq sauces) - and came up with these great, tasty tacos that are perfect for a light, healthy lunch.

Avocado and Barbecue Chicken Tacos 
Serves 2


4 torillas
1 large tomato, cut in slices or diced
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
1 cup barbecued chicken, broken up into pieces
shredded cheese
ranch dressing

Add all the vegetables and chicken to the middle of each tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle some ranch dressing over the top and devour.

2 comments:

Medifast Coupons said...

Great leftover meal, today is clean out the fridge for garbage day tomorrow, love finding a recipe that is new and different and includes what I have in my fridge, thanks so much.

February 23, 2011 at 12:16 PM
Unknown said...

You're so welcome. I love fridge cleaning - it's so inspiring! :)

February 27, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Post a Comment