Three Cheese Macaroni

Comfort Food: Lasagna

BBQ Grilled Cheese

Pork Sandwiches

I like to eat icecream. Every night.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010


I know, I should have added a piece of mint for some color. I was working on my 'secret' dessert the other night  and had to make this fudge. Fortunately, there were leftovers. Unfortunately, my husband wasn't home (well, for him). I decided to make myself a couple-bites-sized dessert with the leftover fudge simply, because I couldn't resist.  Want to make your own? Have at it!

Yummy Fudge
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 T unsweetened cocoa powder (I have this cinnamon mix that I think I'll try next time)
1 T cornstarch
3/4 cup water
1/2 T butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and water in a small saucepan. Place the pan over medium heat and stir constantly until it begins to thicken and is smooth (about 2 min.). Remove from heat and mix in the butter and vanilla. Set aside to cool.

This is great on icecream, but could be great for the middle of a layered chocolate cake - or to dip strawberries in. Ugh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment